Search this blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My Testimony in the making

I figured now would be a good time to share this. I grew up in a home that was not God-filled until I was 6 or 7. At that time, we went church shopping. I accepted Christ and all was good. Around my fifth grade year, I felt myself beginning to doubt God's existence. It was tough. I struggled for a year. My parents knew and tried to help me through it. With their help, my faith grew strong again and I didn't doubt God. This year,  I began to feel depressed. I didn't rely on God to help me. And then Monday, November 3, something happened that gave me a wake-up call. My mom and I were driving near our local community college to pick my little sister up from dance. As we switched from the right lane to the left, we noticed something odd. Headlights, coming towards us. Some person was driving on the wrong side of the road. We swerved out of their way, narrowly missing two other cars. So we swerved back into the left lane once the other driver had passed. Our car nearly tipped over, which would've left me and my mother either severly injured or dead. Right now I'm praising God that we are alive and uninjured. But I realized then how short life is. Why waste it on depression and fitting in? Aren't we as Christians called to be like Christ, who was not like this world? So shouldn't we be spending our days in joy and finding ways to serve others? This near-death experience opened by eyes. I realized that I hadn't spent as much time as I thought I had with God, in prayer and in the Word. Needless to say, I'm scared of driving now. But with God's help I can overcome all things, even reckless Maryland drivers.

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment