Search this blog

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Illinois

Hey! Sorry I haven't posted in a little bit. Life has been pretty busy for me. I got the opportunity to drive to Illinois with my dad this past weekend and boy was that fun! We left Maryland at 6:30 on Friday morning and drove 12 1/2 hours (yes 12 and a half hours) to Illinois. We got there at 7:30 EST. Illinois is an hour behind our time. So Friday night dad, my grandpa, and my aunt talked and I went to bed. Saturday came with gray skies and FREEZING conditions!! It was 18 degrees when I went outside to grab something from the car. We all got ready for the day and we went to visit my great grandmother. Great grandma has dementia. Over the 2 1/2 hours we were there, she asked my dad the same questions ten or more times. It's a little saddening to watch that. But overall it was a good day. That night, the rest of the family came over. I got to see my cousin, older than me by a year and a half or so. We ate, laughed, and talked until 9:30. We looked out of the window and it was snowing. No thank you! It's not even Thanksgiving yet. No snow until December. It snowed through the night. On Sunday, my dad, my grandpa and myself went to visit my grandma again. She got her nails painted (I think it's the best I've done) and we watched the Bears game (They won, by the way) But when it was time to leave, she was mad at dad and grandpa. She knew for certain we were having a family dinner and that she wasn't invited. Our plans for that night were dinner and bed. No family dinner. My dad told my aunt later, "If looks could kill, you'd have to be driving Dana home." Monday came around with COLD temperatures and school. I ended up sitting on the counter of the bathroom with my toes under hot water because it got really cold. After my last class of the day, we packed up and drove to Indiana to visit my uncle and his girlfriend. My uncle is 22 years younger than my dad. It's awesome having an uncle so young! We got there, and drove into town for dinner. Then we drove home and went to bed because early morning feeding time. But did any of us wake up in time? No. I slept soundly until 7:30. Then we drove down to the barn, sufficiently bundled up since it was 8 stinkin' degrees outside. At the barn I got to see the yearlings they are working with. They were all so adorable! For those non-horsey people out there, yearlings are horses that are 1-2 years old. Once they hit 2 years though, they are promoted to the title the two year olds. They were so skittish but it was fun to watch them watch everything on high alert. We left around 9:30-10 and began the 9 hour drive home, through the mountains and enemy territory. We drove through Morgantown, West Virginia, which is home to West Virginia University, University of Maryland's enemy. Anyway, we made it home at 7 last night, just in time for me to collapse in bed and wake up at 6 for school. I think I drove my dad crazy last night when we hit Howard County fairgrounds. Long car trips are soo much fun. Anyway, let me know if there are any topics you want me to address in a post and I will get to them if I understand them (I'm not the brightest sometimes) and I will get to them ASAP

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment